Scope and Objectives
Admin & Procurement Officer function established by the management of the organization to Improve the quality of Sungi Development Foundations Admin & Procurement department through implementation of Admin & Procurement policies and procedures In addition, will be responsible for promoting a positive public image of our organization.
The position reports to the Deputy Manager Admin for all administrative, managerial and planning matters.
Roles and Responsibilities
Improving the quality of Sungi Development Foundations Admin & Procurement department through implementation of admin & procurement policies and procedures.
The key responsibilities
- Be responsible for all the administrative functions of the Sungi under the supervision of the Head of Administration;
- Submit daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports;
- Assess office needs, in terms of expendable and non-expandable equipment, obtain tenders where necessary, prepare comparative statement with recommendations for procurement;
- Maintain an inventory (including location) of all non-expandable equipment and furniture;
- Maintain stock registers for stationary, making periodical review of store and office needs;
- Be responsible for office security and other office maintenance and service agreements, management security, operation of maintenance of the vehicle fleet of the project;
- Assist the project manager in supervising the support staff;
- Assist the project manager in supervising the drivers in their work performance, log books, vehicle maintenance and servicing, attendance;
- Checking and keeping of all agreements, records related to office premises and rented vehicles of the project;
- Develop and maintain an accessible and user-friendly record keeping and retrieval system of project administrative files, records, data in relation to all administrative and personnel matters;
- Purchase supplies, services and equipment required by any section/project of the Sungi, within assigned limits of the budget approved, and in accordance with purchasing procedure, in compliance with Sungi's rules and regulations.
- Compliance of Procurement Procedure
- Get quotations from vendors, prepare comparative statement(s) for final decision making of procurement & order placement
- Negotiate supplier(s) for the purchase of supplies, services and equipment
- Prepare purchase requisition for sections/projects purchase and present to Manager Admin/Team Leader for recommendations/approval, further preparation of purchase order also come under the head of subject title;
- Prepare analysis report for incoming goods/services
- Make immediate contacts with supplier in case of defective product/service received and have follow up until clearance of issue;
- Maintain companies’/supplier's/vendor's list or file, and such other records as are needed for the efficient operation of the purchasing function.
- Prepare and maintain records of relevant documents that are reasonably necessary in accordance and compliance with Sungi's procurement procedure and rules respectively
- Directly inspect all the supplies, services and equipment purchased to insure conformance with specifications prescribed on purchase request / purchase order
- Analyze supplier's performance from time to time
- Evaluate prices and past performance of each supplier
- List down daily activities of purchaser, confirm the status and record keeping
- Examine case records before submission to finance for further processing.
- Response promptly at any additional task (if assigned)
- Fulfillment of any task assigned by Manager Admin/Team Leader
Sungi Development Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply in confidence.
Candidates meeting the above job requirements should send their latest CV with a covering letter clearly explaining their interest and addressing the key competencies for the post on email@example.com positively by January 15, 2022. (Please mention the post applying for in the subject line.) ;