· Determine the primary data and information elements that arerequired internally and externally to support the project
· Design, develop and manage databases, spreadsheets and otherdata tools
· Understand, document, and ensure the quality of high-value datafor accuracy, consistency and comparability
· Consolidate operational information on a regular schedule tosupport analysis and design and implement sustainable information managementand dissemination systems for data collections
· Develop and implement proper backup, restore, data validation,and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability
· Propose and implement upgrades to the database webpage, dataentry and data storing systems
· Revise the guidelines of using database ensuring clarity andexplicitly in terms of using the database and provide visual guidelines
· Contribute new ideas for improving the design and the dataengine, quality and timeliness of current issues. Develop ways of communicatingmessages and transforming it into web based products.
· Act as a focal point/central instrument for the collection,analysis and dissemination of information relevant to the project activities.
· Organize, design and carry out the evaluation and analysis ofdatasets related to the project,
· Develop data standards and advise on the application of these.
· Participate in the development, implementation and management ofnew indicators
· Understand, document and ensure the quality of high-value datafor accuracy, consistency and comparability
· Produce and update information products such as maps, charts andinfographics by turning data into graphical products to convey messages and astoryline as well as support strategic and operational decision-making
· Support the project manager with producing reporting templatesand procedures as well as reports, such as situation reports and briefingpapers for partners, other UN agencies, head offices, government, donors andother stakeholders
· Revise the method of correspondence and communication betweendata management staff and external stakeholders
· Provide training on data collection and input, informationsystems and standards to colleagues, which may include visit of field officesto provide training and technical support as well as online training
· Provide maintenance and end user technical support in issuesrelating to the database use and administration, including trouble-shooting fordata entry and access to the existing database
· Provide support on on-going maintenance, design and developmentof content on vimye.org and other relevant web platforms
· Provide overall quality control for vimye.org and ensure contentis current, comprehensive and follows relevant metadata standards
· Build / implement and/or update a web application for theproject, which should include the following features: content managementsystem, news items, easy to use navigation system, document repository,statistics
6. Performs other relatedduties, as may be assigned by the project manager or direct supervisor.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria
Any Comments or Question Regarding This Job?