We are looking for highly organized candidates with an excellent academic track record for the position of graduate assistant. Graduate assistants are responsible for organizing undergraduate events, supervising residence assistants, assisting with check-ins and check-outs for each semester and co-authoring research papers with their professors, among other duties.
Graduate assistants will need to periodically lecture classes and administer meetings, requiring a demonstrated history of leadership positions in student societies.
Graduate Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assisting professors and departments with various administrative tasks.
- Organizing undergraduate events.
- Finding information in libraries.
- Researching internet sources.
- Conducting various research experiments and analyzing data.
- Designing research methodologies or populating literature reviews.
- Undertaking various fieldwork research.
- Co-authoring research papers with their professors.
- Attending seminars and periodically lecturing classes.
- Assuming the role of teaching assistant and assisting with teaching material.
- Assisting their professor with grading papers.
- Conducting building staff meetings.
- Supervising Residence Assistants and assisting with check-ins and check-outs for each semester.