The successful candidate will join a small team of developers who focus on improving the organization’s websites and services both internally and externally. The responsibility includes designing several current websites and developing potential future projects. Working closely with the marketing department to ensure we provide a quality service to our clients and closely with other departments to implement feature requests. Being responsible for the website appearance and creating site content is essential in this job field. The role will help develop your skills further and give a feel for what life is like with real web applications.
- Develop company websites, including researching and developing strategies for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) optimization, User Interface (UI), and other features.
- Designing, building and maintaining website and software applications.
- Editing, writing, updating or designing online content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Creating effective AdWords campaigns and email campaigns in conjunction with the Advertising Department.
- Managing digital marketing plans that will increase web traffic and customer engagement.
- Updating and maintaining company blogs and directing website updates.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Assisting the IT Manager with the delivery of all aspects of ongoing IT development.
- Providing IT support to internal staff.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Completed Information and Communication Technology (ICT) related degree (EQF level 6 or higher).
- Having good knowledge of SEO and how SEO improvements can boost our web traffic.
- Having experience administrating Joomla, WordPress, or other CMS solutions.
- Having advanced knowledge in Magento.
- Showing some understanding of Java, AJAX, and PHP would be considered an asset.
- Having an understanding of SQL Databases would be considered an asset.
- Having a willingness to persevere when there is a problem. The IT and Web Developer has to offer strong technical support and assistance to troubleshoot one or more issues that may occur.
- Be able to work on your initiative where necessary, as well as in a team.
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Providing advanced knowledge of Excel and Photoshop is an advantage.
- Having an aptitude for communicating effectively with non-technical staff to determine internal IT issues.
Working hours (Maltese Time):
Monday to Thursday: 8am to 5pm
Friday: 8am to 3pm
Basic salary: 400 Euros per month (Negotiable)