Assistant network administrator responsibilities in detail
Assistant network administrator responsibilities are given in detail below so that all the aspiring assistant network administrators can understand the responsibilities that he would have to fulfill:
- Create and maintain network users/permissions.
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- The assistant should have grip to assemble computers, software initialization knowledge.
- Responsible to maintained computer system.
- Market visit will be there according to office requirement.
- The assistant network administrator should be able to diagnose the problem in the computer system quickly and should provide the solution to the employee so that he might solve the problem if it occurs again.
- Assistant network administrator should have detailed knowledge about preventing the computer systems from getting infected with any kind of Virus.
- The assistant network administrator should provide information to the employees in case of any query or problem that they face.
· Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
Skills of assistant network administrator
Assistant network administrator is required to be skilled so as to perform the tasks given to him perfectly. Some of the major skills required by an assistant network administrator are given below:
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up.
- The assistant network administrator should have good problem-solving skills so that he can help people who have any problems or queries regarding their computer systems or software and hardware
- Another major skill that should be present in assistant network administrator is that he should have good communication skills so that he can convey the information to all those who need it effectively.
- He is able to communicate in English effectively.
- He should have in depth knowledge about the computer's hardware and software.
- He is expected to know the problems that might occur and the solution to those problems. A person can be a good assistant network administrator only if he knows the details of the work, he is performing
- The assistant network administrator should be a fast learner, not just this he should be good at explaining and training his subordinates. The assistant network administrator might also arrange some sessions to explain the measures that could be taken to keep the computer systems updated and without any major faults
Educational qualifications of assistant administrator
To become an assistant network administrator a person needs to be highly qualified. The educational qualifications are given below:
- A prior work experience of at least 1-2years in computer industry
- Certification of CCNA would be the plus
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: Rs20,000.00 - Rs40,000.00 per month