The Strategic Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers. Assigned to three to five named customers, the Strategic Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives.
The Strategic Account Manager represents the entire range of company services to assigned customers while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
The Strategic Account Manager reports to the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and also management resources
- in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, as well as critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.