Responsible for ensuring that the Operating facility’s Integrity, Reliability, and efficiency,
carried out Maintenance cost-effectively. This includes total preventative maintenance (PM),
and managing breakdowns of mechanical, electrical, and utility equipment. Warrant severe
compliance of maintenance and rations, follow-up inspection routes compliance, validate
work requests coming from the field, ensure a good level of planning for work orders,
coordinate work orders scheduling with production, and ensure good quality of execution. The
Plant Manager will support & Coordinate with operations & maintenance, troubleshooting,
repairing, and optimizing all facilities with minimum outage manufacturing equipment in
collaboration with other departments.
- Managing maintenance schedules and optimizing maintenance budget and cost
- Analyse specific machine malfunctions by operating, testing, and examining the affected equipment to aid those you manage in troubleshooting complex problems
- Contribute to the implementation of all practices of the maintenance department including electrical, and mechanical works
- Enhance operational performance inside and outside the Bitumen Process Unit & Vacuum Distillation Unit per the strategy, policies, processes, and procedures of the company
- Plan and assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates
- Responding quickly to any emergencies in ISBL & OSBL
- Make sure that Health and safety are implemented consistently by the Maintenance department employees and contractors to achieve an “Accident & Incident” free environment.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with maintenance activities
- Inform the maintenance - team about best practices, Challenges, and Achievements to motivate the team to put best efforts considering safety and international standard
- Contribute to the achievement of production, quality, environment, reliability, and utilization targets
- Make a Strategy for spares warehouse optimization (in cooperation with other departments concerned)
- Check equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- To prevent and reduce maintenance, maintenance logs and reports on a day-to-day basis are required
- Identifying how to correct mechanical problems by referring to blueprints, parts catalogs, and repair manuals whenever major problems arise.
- Motivate, develop and appraise the performance of employees under the area of responsibility to achieve improved performance and individual contribution. Plan and participate in the Iraq nationals Development Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in oil fields also 3 years in a similar role
- Experience in maintenance management
- Knowledge in Bitumen Blowing Unit (BBU) plant (Electrical, Mechanical, or Maintenance department) and Vacuum Distillation Unit (VDU)
- Familiar with Biturox, maintenance, and operation
- Good understanding of oil and gas facilities maintenance
- Previous success in leadership positions related to Poerner License Units is strongly desired
- Strong teamwork, influential skills, logical/analytical thinking, and leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment
- Knowledge of HSSE laws and regulations
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, instrumentation, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- Strong Knowledge of oil and gas international codes and standards of maintenance domains.
- Certified in multiple categories in BBU/VDU Plant maintenance.