A great job description template makes it simple to list the job duties and responsibilities for every job in your company. Our standard job description template in Word format is great for describing a position internally and can be used as the basis to create a job posting template as well.
How To Create A Job Description Template:
- Create a space for the job title using square brackets with the "Job Title" placeholder in bold.
- Leave a space open under the title, then create the heading "Reports To" in bold.
- Under your "Reports To" heading, type out a generic sentence stating who the role reports to. Use square brackets with placeholders for the job title and the position being reported to.
- Create the heading "Job Overview" in bold and leave a blank space under the heading where a brief description can be written.
- Create the heading "Responsibilities and Duties" in bold with 5-7 bullet points below it.
- Create the heading "Qualifications" in bold, also with 5-7 bullet points below it.
- Save your template with a clear title where authorized personnel can access it.
Any Comments or Question Regarding This Job?