The Security Supervisor will oversee facility security to protect all company assets. The Security Supervisor may also manage and/or implement security protocols related to the storage of confidential information and documents.
- Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security staff including security guards and desk clerks.
- Prepares and conducts training for new hires and current staff including training on workplace searches, drug and alcohol procedures, and related safety and security topics.
- Provides and/or implements security and security protocols for all assigned facilities and information systems.
- Takes proactive steps to provide a safe and secure working environment to staff and visitors.
- Provides specialized security for and monitors access to limited and restricted access areas such as inventory areas, network equipment areas, and employee files and confidential records.
- Conducts regular walk-throughs and security inspections for assigned facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of security protocol and procedures.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide training on security policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with confidential and classified information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Five years of related security experience required.