We are looking for a "Taxation Officer"
The candidate must have expertise and experience of managing sales tax for 3rd schedule products and have prior experience of dealing with Tax authorities.
• Filing of monthly, annual and all statutory returns
• Responding to notices issued / proceedings initiated by FBR on timely basis without any unnecessary delay or adjournments.
• Maintenance of all taxation related documents and other FBR issues
• Able to make compliance independently for the notices/letters issued from the tax department.
• Identifying tax risks on an ongoing basis and striving to bring process efficiencies preferably through automation and implementing best practices.
• Maintenance of complete and up to date data as required under Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 and Sales Tax Act 1990 is maintained in soft and hard forms
• Ensure compliance with all Income Tax, Sales Tax & Customs rules and regulations
• Ensure accurate and timely Tax Reporting including application of all internal Tax Policies, Guidelines and Best Practices
• Capable of taking initiative and ability to meet steep learning curve with positive and can- do attitude
• Preparation of monthly Federal sales tax returns
• Ensuring timely settlement of all Statutory payments relating to Indirect Tax including monthly provincial sales tax withheld across Pakistan, Federal Sales tax payable on supplies across Pakistan,
• Preparing monthly Sales tax reconciliation to ensure all indirect tax ledgers are reconciled with the monthly return / withholding tax statements submitted with the tax authorities;
• Maintaining record of all Withholding Sales tax Challans and providing the same to the respective vendors on request
• Performing month end clearing of all GLs relating to Indirect taxes, and other statutory duties.
• Educating the stakeholders on best practices for tax compliance and keeping them updated with all changes in the relevant tax laws on a timely basis to ensure seamless compliance;
• Working as the first and final response person for issues / disagreements and queries relating to Indirect tax which includes liaising with internal stakeholders as well as vendors, customers and consultants for timely resolution;
Salary: Will be decided by the management depending on candidates experience and track
Core Responsibilities of the Job:
• Responsible for filling sales tax
• Submission of sales tax claims
• Follow up of sales tax refund
Prior experience in the same domain is must.
Email your CVs/Resumes at [email protected]
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria