Successful Interview Tips
Keys To a Successful Interview:
Successful Interview: An Employer looks for intelligence (intellectual as well as emotional), communication skills, leadership qualities, ethics, competence, energy, also imagination etc., from the candidate.
Why Do Candidates Fail In An Interview:
- Poor grooming.
- Discourteous and also ungraceful body language.
- Poor manners.
- Poor diction.
- Vague responses.
- Unappealing resume.
- Monetary benefits-centric approach.
- Lack of punctuality.
- Poor waiting hall behavior.
Some Behavioral “Unfavorable” Aspects
- Complaining about various things as well as previous employers.
- Lack of personal or career goals.
- Lack of enthusiasm and also confidence.
- Not owning up responsibility for mistakes.
- Self-justification, aggressiveness.
- Lack of emotional maturity.
- Over-reacting to questions.
- Lacking sense of humor.
- Negative and also cynical attitude.
Preparing for an Successful Interview – Look for
- Company’s main products and services and likely new products as well as services.
- Its key markets, its position in market and between major competitors.
- Financial position / profit / turnover.
- The history, reputation and achievements.
- Arrange all the papers required in a folder : Resume / CV, call letters, degree certificates, mark lists, NSS, NCC, sports / games certificates, experience certificates, and also references.
The Previous Day
- Confirm the venue of the interview, distance, and mode of transport.
- Locate the venue earlier.
- Relax, have good sleep, visualize and pray.
The Interview Day
- Reach the venue at least 45 minutes ahead of the interview.
- Get familiar with the surroundings.
- Don’t carry too much baggage.
- Report to the authority concerned.
Waiting Hall Behavior
- Maintain Decorum.
- Mingle with others politely.
- Avoid smoking, chewing, flirting, gossiping, and also defamatory comments.
- Greet others present.
- Switch off the mobile.
- Relax and also visualize.
While Entering The Interview Hall
- Enter confidently, not arrogantly.
- Shut the door gently.
- Smile and also greet the interviewers.
- Shake hands only if they offer their hand.
During The Eye Interview
- Maintain eye contact to have successful interview.
- Be attentive, listen carefully, as well as lean forward.
- Don’t lean on the table, and also don’t slouch.
- Don’t toss your files across.
- Hand over your file-right side facing them.
- Don’t laugh or giggle but smile gently.
- Be polite. use the words “Please” and “thank you” as well.
- Don’t argue but can orally acknowledge.
Read about what to wear to a successful job interview…